@chrisbe_ you should join the #30dayswingchallenge 🙂
That was Katie Sewell‘s tweet after we got connected on Twitter. I haven't heard about the “30 Day Lindy Hop Challenge” before, so I checked it out:
The idea behind the challenge is to write every day about a topic related to Lindy Hop for the next 30 days.
Well, I have decided to join the challenge, but I will do a little twist. I won't write every day but every Friday from now on for the next 30 weeks! How about that?
Here are the topics:
30 Week Lindy Hop Challenge
- Week 1: What got you started in Lindy Hop
- Week 2: Your favorite place to dance
- Week 3: A description of your favorite partner (and why they’re your favorite)
- Week 4: Your favorite live band
- Week 5: Your favorite Lindy Hop variation dance (charleston, balboa, shag)
- Week 6: Your favorite group dance (shim sham, tranky doo big apple, etc)
- Week 7: Something you really want to learn
- Week 8: Your favorite instructor
- Week 9: Favorite class taken
- Week 10: Favorite workshop weekend (Lindy Focus, Camp Hollywood, etc) or one you’d really like to attend
- Week 11: Favorite song(s) to dance to
- Week 12: Your swing crushes/favorite pros
- Week 13: Favorite dancing memory
- Week 14: Your swing group of friends
- Week 15: Favorite classic clip
- Week 16: Photo of you dancing
- Week 17: Styling
- Week 18: That move you love
- Week 19: That move that eludes you
- Week 20: Your swing shoes
- Week 21: Favorite outfit to wear dancing
- Week 22: Favorite city to dance in
- Week 23: A dancer you admire
- Week 24: Favorite pro performance
- Week 25: Describe the last night you went dancing
- Week 26: The level you think you dance at
- Week 27: Your goals for the year
- Week 28: Events you’re looking forward to
- Week 29: A clip you love
- Week 30: Why you dance
You see, you will learn a lot about me, my thoughts and ideas about Lindy Hop and Swing dancing in general.
Are you curious? I am!
Stay tuned! We will start next Friday.